Back to School Letter
2020-2021 Back to School Letter
Welcome back to Spring City Middle School. Covid-19 has brought about many changes to the daily operations at SCMS. This letter addresses the strategies that will be put into place to provide a safe environment for both students and faculty/staff.
- Faculty/staff will have their temperature checked every morning upon arrival.
- Students will have their temperature checked as they enter the building each morning and again mid-day.
- Intense cleaning of the building will take place during the day and evening.
- Cafeteria tables/seats have been spaced out and lines have been placed for students to stand on while in line.
- Seats are marked off in the gym for social distancing during bus duty.
- Students will not dress out for pe, except for changing into gym shoes. Locker rooms will only be used in the event a student needs to use the restroom and then only one student will be allowed in the locker room.
- Daily lessons on social distancing, hand washing and proper procedures for coughing/sneezing.
- Each class will have a hand sanitizing station and will be disinfected after each class change.
- Students will always walk the hallway on the right side. This will limit any interaction with other classes in the hall.
- NO VISITORS will be allowed in the building. Parents will be met at the front door should a student need to be checked in/out. We will not allow visitors for lunch. If you need to meet with teachers/administrators, an appointment will be required.
- Students will only be allowed to ride their assigned bus. Students will not be allowed to ride a bus home with friends due to limited/assigned seating on buses.
Suggestions for Home
- Check your child’s temperature before sending to school. If they have a fever, KEEP THEM HOME. Your child does not need to return to school until they have been fever free for 24 hours WITHOUT medication.
- Talk with your child about the importance of handwashing, coughing/sneezing into their elbows and keep a social distance from other students.
- Please make sure your child has their own school supplies. The grade level lists are on our school website.
- Please make sure you purchase your child a no spill water bottle. The water fountains will be closed.
- If your child will be purchasing snacks in the cafeteria, we STRONGLY encourage you to use the prepay online system, https://www.schoolcafe.com. You will need your child’s PowerSchool number. We will send a letter with that information soon.